- You are here:
- School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
WelcomeAn internationally recognised leader in research and research-led teaching in the History of Art, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies and Fine Art.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
The research focus of the School allows us to offer expertise in a wide range of interdisciplinary fields, including both Western and non-Western art history, critical analysis and theoretical Cultural Studies, as well as Fine Art practice in all media. We offer undergraduate programmes ... Read More >
- Legacies of War, a research and public engagement project made up of a team of researchers at the University of Leeds (including Dr Claudia Sternberg of the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies), is one of four winners of the inaugural Vice-Chancellor’s Impact Awards.
- Solomon Szekir-Papasavva studied MA Art Gallery and Museum Studies at the University of Leeds and now works as a Visitor Experience Assistant at Wellcome Collection. Solomon talks of his experiences on the MA course and of how it has equipped him with the relevant skills and confidence to embark on a career in the museums sector.
- Weekly reading group starting Tuesday 6 October, looking at Catherine Malabou's 'The Ontology of the Accident' (2012).
- Typographer Will Holder organises writing around reproductions of artworks, and in particular how voices from various disciplines are mediated to provide meaning and access to art objects.