- You are here:
- School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
WelcomeAn internationally recognised leader in research and research-led teaching in the History of Art, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies and Fine Art.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
The research focus of the School allows us to offer expertise in a wide range of interdisciplinary fields, including both Western and non-Western art history, critical analysis and theoretical Cultural Studies, as well as Fine Art practice in all media. We offer undergraduate programmes ... Read More >
- parallax is a quarterly journal of themed issues founded in 1995 and known for its innovative approach to a wide range of pressing questions in cultural studies, critical theory and continental philosophy.
- Artist and alumnus Trevor Borg has been selected to contribute to the Malta Pavilion at the Venice Biennale 2019.
- Exhibiting in our Project Space, Fore Main Mizzen is a work made after repeated visits to Southend-on-Sea and Sheerness, both vantage points from which, at low tide, you can see the tops of the masts of the SS Richard Montgomery.
- The Art Through Practice (ATP) research group organises practical sessions that offer both practice-led and research-based scholars new insights into their work.