- You are here:
- School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
WelcomeAn internationally recognised leader in research and research-led teaching in the History of Art, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies and Fine Art.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
The research focus of the School allows us to offer expertise in a wide range of interdisciplinary fields, including both Western and non-Western art history, critical analysis and theoretical Cultural Studies, as well as Fine Art practice in all media. We offer undergraduate programmes ... Read More >
- A new University Academic Fellow in the School, Dr Robert Knifton, is working on a project which has recently received follow-on funding from the AHRC to build on key research into the use of small creative archives.
- A new programme of exhibitions and talks presenting five artists connected to the Fine Art PhD – past and present – opening with 'The Tent' by former Turner Prize winner, Elizabeth Price
- Join a discussion at The Tetley, Leeds, with art historian Maki Fukuoka and curator Pauline J Yao about evolving perceptions of contemporary art in East Asia.
- This new one-hour performance is the culmination of five years of idiosyncratic research and public lectures exploring the possibility of using the Laws of Motion as they appear in cartoons. Organised in collaboration with the Centre for Audio Visual Experimentation (CAVE).