- You are here:
- School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies
WelcomeAn internationally recognised leader in research and research-led teaching in the History of Art, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies and Fine Art.
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Programmes
The research focus of the School allows us to offer expertise in a wide range of interdisciplinary fields, including both Western and non-Western art history, critical analysis and theoretical Cultural Studies, as well as Fine Art practice in all media. We offer undergraduate programmes ... Read More >
- Jade French, PhD student in the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies recently won #BeACritic, a competition run by The Double Negative magazine, Liverpool John Moore's University and Arts Council England to find the best emerging arts critics.
- Drawing on innovative practice and research experiments, a collaborative research team of twenty people, including Dr Helen Graham of the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies, have worked together to design and carry out a research project focused on participation in heritage decision making.
- A display of artwork created in response to First World War archive material by Leverhulme Artist in Residence, Juliet MacDonald.
- An exhibition of images from 18 artists, curated by PhD student Louise Atkinson in partnership with the Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries and Heritage.