The School hosts a series of seminars which take place each week during term time.
Seminars reflect the ongoing research by individual academics and collaborative projects within the centres, as well as focusing on the work of our visiting scholars and artists. They provide talking points for academics, students, artists and those working in cultural industries to discuss and share ideas.
This year research seminars have been organised around three strands:
- The first strand focuses on the future of the university as an institution. During this series of four seminars, speakers and participants will question and challenge the idea of the university, particularly given recent political events and a changing socio-political and cultural landscape.
- The Centres will also be asked to host a seminar as part of the school’s seminar series. In the first term, these will be hosted by the Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries & Heritage, the Centre for Audio Visual Experimentation, and the Centre for Cultural Studies.
- Each of the Centres also hold their own events throughout the year.
For more information, contact the Research Support Administrator.
All seminars and events are advertised on our events page.
Date: 21/2/2018 | Time: 3.00pm – 5.00pm
Join us for the latest in our spring research seminar series when we welcome speaker Darian Leader, a practicing analyst and the founder of the Centre for Freudian Analysis and Research.
Date: 5/3/2018 | Time: 5.30pm
The Eighteenth Century Studies Seminar welcomes speaker Dr Elisabeth Wallman (French Department, UCL).
Date: 14/3/2018 | Time: 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Join us for the latest in our spring research seminar series when Sarah Harvey Richardson and Gill Park will draw on their PhD research undertaken in the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies.
- Black Madonnas, Medieval Race and the Dangers of Modern Scholarship
Date: 14/2/2018 | Time: 2.00pm
- Thinking in Dark Times: The Legacies of Zygmunt Bauman for the Arts and the Humanities
Date: 8/2/2018 | Time: 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- The Use and Misuse of Eighteenth-Century Bodies ― Postgraduate Themed Evening
Date: 5/2/2018 | Time: 5.30pm