The School hosts a series of seminars which take place each week during term time.
Seminars reflect the ongoing research by individual academics and collaborative projects within the centres, as well as focusing on the work of our visiting scholars and artists. They provide talking points for academics, students, artists and those working in cultural industries to discuss and share ideas.
This year research seminars have been organised around three strands:
- The first strand focuses on the future of the university as an institution. During this series of four seminars, speakers and participants will question and challenge the idea of the university, particularly given recent political events and a changing socio-political and cultural landscape.
- The Centres will also be asked to host a seminar as part of the school’s seminar series. In the first term, these will be hosted by the Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries & Heritage, the Centre for Audio Visual Experimentation, and the Centre for Cultural Studies.
- Each of the Centres also hold their own events throughout the year.
For more information, contact the Research Support Administrator.
All seminars and events are advertised on our events page.
Date: 29/11/2017 | Time: 1.00pm – 2.30pm
An introduction to the themes and projects being pursued by the Artists’ Writings & Publications Research Centre, with speakers Bryony Bond (The Tetley), Chris Taylor and Nick Thurston.
Date: 31/1/2018 | Time: 12.30pm – 2.00am
Featuring theorists and researchers connected to the School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies, this seminar will explore utopias from the perspective of key debates in cultural studies, critical heritage studies and feminist theory.
- Postmodernity, Morality and Mortality
Date: 22/11/2017 | Time: 4.00pm – 5.30pm
- Art’s Use in the Real World: Art-Action Research in Bradford 2012-2017
Date: 22/11/2017 | Time: 12.30pm – 2.00pm
- Entre filias y fobias: Adapting the British Enlightenment in the 18th-Century Spanish Press
Date: 20/11/2017 | Time: 5.30pm
- Politics of Writing Art Histories in Turkey: Nil Yalter and The Round House
Date: 15/11/2017 | Time: 12.30pm – 2.00am