The School hosts a series of seminars which take place each week during term time.
Seminars reflect the ongoing research by individual academics and collaborative projects within the centres, as well as focusing on the work of our visiting scholars and artists. They provide talking points for academics, students, artists and those working in cultural industries to discuss and share ideas.
This year research seminars have been organised around three strands:
- The first strand focuses on the future of the university as an institution. During this series of four seminars, speakers and participants will question and challenge the idea of the university, particularly given recent political events and a changing socio-political and cultural landscape.
- The Centres will also be asked to host a seminar as part of the school’s seminar series. In the first term, these will be hosted by the Centre for Critical Studies in Museums, Galleries & Heritage, the Centre for Audio Visual Experimentation, and the Centre for Cultural Studies.
- Each of the Centres also hold their own events throughout the year.
For more information, contact the Research Support Administrator.
All seminars and events are advertised on our events page.
Date: 23/5/2018 | Time: 4.00pm – 6.00pm
This seminar has been postponed until the autumn.
Narratives of Institution, Narratives of Place: Creating dialogues between histories for action research
Date: 30/5/2018 | Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Join us for this research seminar, in connection with the Bradford’s National Museum Project: Connecting the National Science and Media Museum and Bradford.
- Reflections on 'Management and the Liquid Modern World': conversations in writing
Date: 2/5/2018 | Time: 4.00pm – 6.00pm
- Political Economy in Action: The Government of Circulation in Eighteenth-Century Beekeeping Manual
Date: 30/4/2018 | Time: 5.30pm
- ‘Post truth’ and the role of the liquid modern intellectual
Date: 26/4/2018 – 17/4/2018
- Material Culture and Consumer Demand in the British Atlantic: The Case of the Hudson’s Bay Company’s Servants, c. 1780-1820
Date: 23/4/2018 | Time: 5.30pm